sigplus adds photo and multimedia galleries to a Joomla article with a simple syntax. It takes a matter of minutes to set up but comes with a vast range of options for advanced users.
Despite its versatility, sigplus is completely free. It is a full-fledged product with all features included, there is no need to buy a commercial professional version for extra features or purchase club membership to unlock additional privileges. Since its publication in the Joomla Extensions Directory in March 2010, sigplus has been rated the best extension in the Photo gallery category. Needless to say, if you find sigplus useful, we appreciate a donation.
- user-selectable pop-up window engine, including boxplus (specifically designed for sigplus), Bootstrap Modal (included with Joomla), Fancybox, Fancybox3 (separate license may be required) and Slimbox2
- user-selectable image slider/carousel/rotator
- free-flow and grid layout mode; row, column and grid arrangement
- fully responsive, mobile-enabled
- suitable for 4K resolution and retina displays
- build gallery from images on the server or photos on Flickr
- support for image types .jpg, .png, .gif (with and without transparency, with and without animation) and .svg
- multimedia support (HTML <video> tag)
- best-fit thumbnail generation with automatic cropping and centering
- progressive load feature to save network bandwidth: only those images are fetched from the server that are to be shown
- multiple galleries per content item and per page
- multilingual, search engine-friendly image labels and more verbose description set globally or for each individual image
- right-to-left language support
- image caption templates
- image metadata processing; IPTC and EXIF data extraction
- download option to save high-resolution image version
- custom styling (e.g. preview image margin, border, padding and opacity, slide duration and animation delay)
- custom sort criteria (user-defined, file name, last modification time and random order)
- integrates into Joomla content editor and Joomla search
- large gallery support (100 or more images in a single gallery)
- default global settings for the entire site and local parameter overrides for individual galleries
- restricted-access galleries
- and more...
sigplus version series 1.5.x (code-named Novo) is a major improvement compared to earlier version series 1.4.x. This section shows how to map settings from an earlier version to the latest version.